Old Buildings of Sligo Andersons Brewery

In 1834, the firm of Davy & Cochran built a brewery on a site at Old Shambles Street now Kempten Promenade off Bridge Street. The business was named Lough Gill brewery and operated until 1842 before closing due to bankruptcy. It was then acquired by Charles Anderson. Anderson operated a brewery on Water Lane and transferred his business to the larger site. After Anderson’s death … Continue reading Old Buildings of Sligo Andersons Brewery

Hazelwood Georgian House

Hazelwood House Distillery

Sligo will have a new Distillery following the news that Hazelwood House, the 18th-century Palladian style country house,  is to be turned into a whiskey distillery and visitor centre. There is a factory behind the house, which will be converted. According to the Sligo Champion, the new buyer is David Raethorne and a group of investors, plan to turn the 18th-century house into a major tourism … Continue reading Hazelwood House Distillery