If you’re looking to celebrate Halloween in Dublin, there are lots of different events happening in Dublin for it.
10 thing to do in Dublin for Halloween this year.
1. The Bram Stoker Festival
There are various different events on from music, movies, lectures, horror makeup tutorials, debates and walking literary tours.
Check out the website for all events.
2. Dublin Fright Night – Ghost and Haunted Halloween Castle tours for young and adult, are taking place on Thursday 30th October 2014, from 5 pm to 9 pm at Drimnagh Castle. Click here for tickets.
3. The Halloween Expats party at Lillie Bordellos in Dublin city centre. On Saturday night, 1st November, get your Halloween Costume ready and head to Lillies for this exclusive fancy dress party. Click here for tickets
4. Halloween Haunted House party at the Voodoo Lounge, Dublin city centre. On Friday 31st October 2014, the Voodoo Lounge will host 3 rooms of music with 30 Djs. Prizes for Fancy dress costumes. For tickets click here.
5. Halloween Party nights at Fitzsimons Bar and Nightclub in Temple Bar, Dubin city centre.
On Friday 31st October and Saturday 1st November, Fitzsimons will have Halloween themed nights, with €2000 in cash prizes over the 2 nights to give away for the best fancy dress costumes. See here for more details.
6. Ghost Bus tour – The Gravedigger
Take a Ghost bus tour the week of Halloween, tours cost €25 and start from Trinity College and goes to Kilmainham jail and the gates of Glasnevin cemetery, professional actors will transport you back 600 years to the time of Plague in Dublin, includes a drink in the Gravedigger pub in Glasnevin, Dublin. See here for tickets.
or you can also go on the Dublin bus version.
The Dublin Ghost Bus Tour
This is a Ghost tour and Horrible History tour in one, run by Dublin bus, it departs from Dublin Bus HQ on Upper O’Connell Street. Bus visits Christchurch and professional actors recount Dublin’s dark tales. Tickets cost €28, 20% discount available by booking online up to 1 hour before departure. Book here for tickets.
7. Rocky Horror Picture Show
Get dressed up in your favourite Rocky Horror picture show character and head to the Sugar Club on Lesson Street, Dublin city centre. They will be screening a live show on Saturday 1st November 2014.
Doors open 8.00 pm. Show starts at 9.00 pm. Admission €15.
Tickets available on the door, for more details click here.
8. Horror themed movie
The Irish Film Institute will screen Invasion of the Body Snatchers Horror movies on Friday 31st October 2014. Irish Film Institute, 6 Eustace Street.
Click here for details.
Head to the National Concert Hall in Dublin City centre on Thursday 30th October or the Helix auditorium in north Dublin on Friday 31st October, to watch the Psycho movie live with the RTÉ Concert Orchestra playing the soundtrack of Alfred Hitchcock’s classic Psycho. Tickets cost between €15 – €40 euros – click here to book.
10. Halloween Fancy Dress Pub Crawl
Get dressed up for Halloween and go on a pub crawl on Friday 31st Ocotober 2014, starting at Porterhouse Central on Nassau street, Dublin 2. at 7.30 pm
Tickets cost €15 euro and free shots included, Book tickets here.